Scouts (10½ - 14)
Each Scout Troop consists of small units of six to eight Scouts called a Patrol, led by a Patrol Leader. Outdoor activities feature prominently, with the highlight being camping. Throughout the year, Scouts learn various skills, such as map reading, camp cooking and first aid in preparation for camp. Rock climbing, potholing, gliding, photography and international experiences are just some of the things they get up to.
Explorer Scouts (14 - 18) and Scout Network (18 - 25)
These programmes are delivered through Royal Greenwich Scouts.
The Scout Promise
On my honour,
I promise that I will do my best
to do my duty to God
and to the Queen,
to help other people
and to keep the Scout Law.
There are a number of variations of the Scout Promise to reflect the range of faiths, beliefs and attitudes, and nationalities, in the UK within Scouting. Please speak to a leader if you'd like more information on the Promises available.
The Scout Law
1. A Scout is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout is friendly and considerate.
4. A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
5. A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
6. A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
7. A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Motto